I’ve had my Instant Pot for over a year now and I always wonder why I don’t use it more often. I love how quickly it cooks everything especially soups! It also makes clean up super easy because I can sautee, pressure cook and simmer all in one pot. It’s pretty amazing! Our counter space is pretty limited these days otherwise I would keep it out all the time as a reminder to use it daily. A few weeks ago I filmed a video sharing 3 easy and creamy fall soups all using the Instant Pot (watch it here) and many of you requested printable recipe cards so I included them below. Also, I just want y’all to know that it literally fills my heart with joy to read your feedback after you’ve recreated one of my recipes.
Apple Beer & Cheese soup
- 1 Tablespoon of ghee or olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion minced
- 1 large honey crisp apple chopped
- 1 large potato chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 C Apple cider
- 2 C chicken broth or chicken stock
- 12 oz fall beer
- 1 C milk
- 2 C shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar plus more for garnish
- 1/2 Tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red hot sauce
- Salt to taste
- Turn instant pot to sauté and once hot add ghee and then Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for another 1 minute.
- Add potato, beer, Apple cider and chicken stock, Worcestershire and mustard. Close the instant pot and pressure cook for 6 minutes on high.
- After 6 minutes quick release the pressure, remove the lid and turn your instant pot to sauté setting on medium and let it simmer for 15 minutes so the alcohol can evaporate.
- Turn your instant pot to warm setting and add milk and blend everything.
- Once your soup is creamy And cheese one handful at a time making sure to stir each time until all the cheese has melted. Finish with hot sauce and salt to taste.
- Serve & garnish with shredded cheese, apples and crispy onions.
Butternut Squash Brown Butter Maple Soup
- 3/4 C of diced pancetta or prosciutto
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 medium butternut squash roasted
- 1 head of garlic roasted
- 1 small sweet potato peeled & chopped
- 1 small russet potato peeled & chopped
- 4 C chicken bone broth or chicken stock
- 1/2 C of Apple cider
- 1 t celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Zest of half an orange
- 1/4 C Brown butter maple syrup
- Extra pancetta for garnish
- Pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Sour cream for garnish
- Roast butternut squash and garlic in oven for 60 minutes.
- Turn Instant pot to sauté on high setting and once hot Add pancetta and cook for 3-5 until it has released its oils. Add onions and sauté for 3-5 min or until translucent.
- Add chicken stock, Apple cider, russet potato, sweet potato, salt, celery salt, white pepper, cayenne pepper and cinnamon. Close the Instant pot and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- After 6 Minutes quick release the pressure remove the lid, and add roasted butternut squash, roasted garlic, and the zest of half an orange.
- Blend the soup with either a hand immersion blender or you can carefully little everything into a regular mixer and blend.
- Serve and garnish with sour cream, pumpkin seeds, pancetta and drizzle with brown butter maple.
Roasted Butternut Squash and Garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the top part of the head of garlic off and drizzle with oil and wrap with aluminum foil.
- Place whole squash and wrapped garlic on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, squeeze garlic gloves out and set aside. Slice squash in half, discard the seeds and scoop out the flesh and set aside for soup.
Brown Butter Maple Sauce
- Place a saucepan on the stove on medium heat, add 4T of salted butter. Mix butter until it turns golden then turn the stove off and add 4T of maple syrup. Transfer immediately to a serving bow. This space tends to separate once it cools off so I recommend heating it up right before you serve the soup.
Lemon orzo soup:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small medium onion diced
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 3/4 C orzo
- 1 large clove of garlic minced
- 1/4 C lemon juice about 3 large lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 6 C chicken stock or chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon of dry
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon of dry
- 2 eggs
- Garlic salt to taste
- Celery salt to taste
- Turn instant pot to sauté on high and once hot add olive oil then add onions, celery, carrots and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Add garlic and sauté for another one minute or until you Fragrant.
- Add chicken stock mix it to release the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add your orzo, close the instant pot and pressure cook for six minutes on high pressure.
- After six minutes quick release the pressure add your fresh dill and thyme. turn instant pot to warm setting or off.
- In a separate bowl crack two eggs whisk until it starts to froth at the top then add fresh lemon juice and stir. Slowly begin to ladle some of the hot soup into the egg egg mixture. After each ladle make sure to stir so that the eggs do not curdle. Do this 6 to 7 different times.
- Now pour the egg mixture into the soup, salt to taste, zest of lemon.
- Serve and garnish with dill and lemon slices.
Please let me know if you decided to make any of these at home and until next time!