Baked French Toast Casserole
This is an amazing casserole recipe for this holiday season!
- 9×13 Pan
- 1 T Butter
- 1 Loaf of brioche or challah bread, cubed
- 8 Small eggs (or 6 large eggs)
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 3 C Half and half
- 1 T Vanilla extract
- 1/2 T Pumpkin spice
- 1-2 T Cinnamon
- 2 1/2 Packs of cream cheese
Candied Bacon Crumble
- 1 Pack of bacon
- 1 1/2 C Panko Crumbs
- 3/4 C Chopped Pecans
- 3/4 C Brown Sugar
- Cut your brioche bread into cubes. Butter your pan before putting any Ingridients in
- Add eggs, cream, brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl, whisk together.
- Pour mixture on top of bread in pan, press down on the bread together so the bread absorbed the mixture well
- Lay down a piece of Saran Wrap, place your cream cheese on top, put another piece of Saran Wrap on top of cream cheese, lightly press down on your cream cheese until all the pieces go flat. Place on top of casserole. Put in refrigerator.
- Cook bacon, until crispy. Leave bacon grease in pan, add pink crumbs until brown. Add pecans and brown sugar into pan. Add bacon and mix it all together. Put in refrigerator, overnight. Layer on top of the cream cheese once it’s done.
- Bring casserole out of fridge the next morning for about 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay the crumb mixture on top of the dish. Bake in oven for 60 minutes.
Let all the ingridients rest overnight so the bread has time to soak up the mixture. Let the casserole sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before you bake it so it will cook evenly. If you notice that your topping is browning too fast, then just lightly place a piece of aluminum foil on top. This is delicious by itself but you can serve it with warm maple syrup. If the casserole is a little too soggy for your taste, let it bake for an extra 3-5 minutes.
Shop the post