With Mother’s Day around the corner I was inspired to put together a Breakfast In Bed Menu. Watch the video with the other ideas here. Really, what is Mother’s Day without a little indulgence?! I mean, this is only my second year celebrating as a fellow mom and I can’t imagine a better start to my day than a cup of coffee paired with these delicious almond croissants stuffed with nutella…in bed of course.
You definitely want to make sure your croissants are at least a day old so they don’t fall apart when you’re assembling them. You can also let them sit out of the counter overnight or for 4-6 hours and that should do the trick.
It’s true what they say, Nutella makes everything better. But have you tried coating your croissants with a creamy almond paste and then stuffing it with Nutella and strawberries? If not, you’re in for a real treat! I would suggest making a large batch of these, take some to your neighbors, they will love you forever!
By the way, I’m super excited to share that my blog will now have recipe cards that you can print for all recipes going forward! I hope you find the new addition helpful!
Almond Croissants Stuffed With Nutella and Strawberries
- 6 day old large croissants
- 1/2 C sliced almonds
- 6 large sliced strawberries
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- 1 C nutella
Ingredients simple syrup:
- 1 C water
- 2 T sugar I use light brown
- 1 t almond extract or vanilla extract
Ingredients for the Almond Paste
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 C almond almond flour
- 1/4 t of salt
- 4 T unsalted butter
- 1/8 t lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- To make the syrup: Mix water, sugar and almond extract in a pot, bring up to a simmer until sugar dissolves and turn stove off to let it cool.
- To make almond paste: Mix almond flour, sugar, salt and lemon zest. Slowly add butter and blend on low with a hand mixer until a crumbly paste is created. Add egg and slowly mix until a paste is created.
- To assemble your croissants: Dip the top of croissant in syrup (don't drench it just lightly dip) spread the almond paste on top and then stuff with Nutella and strawberries. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!